Saturday, December 29, 2007

Cube Draft Night Recap

Well it finally happened. We finally took her for a spin. As CBG put it, there was "apocalyptic weather" which dinted our turnout, but we still got a six man going. It was simultaneously heart-wrenching and amazing to have five other dudes picking apart the cube I had spent so much time on, then building it back up in a much more powerful state. Green especially got a facelift. I drafted a terrible red/white concoction splashing blue for Keiga which did not play beatdown or control particularly well. I won one game, all night, going 0-3.
So now we have all sorts of people's cards in the Cube! This is great, and also a liability, so I will try my darndest to make sure everyone agrees on what is theirs. To that end, I am posting the "adds" for everyone from last night, as recorded by CBG. There will eventually be a google doc of every card and its owner, but I think that will circulate via email and not on the blog. Or maybe it will end up here, I don't know. If something does not look right, let me know ASAP. For everyone else, you can see how much the power level jumped just by looking at the new adds. A full list of the Cube V.2.0 will follow whenever I feel like it.
T

Captain Bondage Goth's Cards:

Tarmogoyf
Wild Mongrel
Werebear
Kodama North
Spectral Force
Demonfire
Gorilla Shaman
Golgari Grave-Troll
Angel of Despair
pithing needle
winter orb
Keiga
Top
plague sliver
Tidings
Kataki
Mirror Entity
Profane Command
Yosei
Thoughtseize
Vexing Sphinx

Pimped Replacement Versions:
Reckless wurm
disenchant
koal
wing shards
Lotus Bloom
deep analysis
Mirari
Gaea's Anthem
terror
Flame Fusillade


Captain Essex's Cards

Dimir Cutpurse
Razormane Masticore

Pimped Replacement Versions:
Lightning Helix
Azorius guildmage


The Captain's Cards:

Hystrodon
living death
Kamahl
Loxodon Hierarch
Fork
caller of the claw

No comments: