Friday, June 27, 2008

My SCG Premium is expiring

So, as I alluded to earlier, my SCG account is about to expire. I am pretty sure I am not going to renew it right now. You know why not? It's summertime, and I am not playing Magic at all. TS called me last night and he's all,

"You never play Magic anymore. I never play Magic anymore. The world is grey and lonely. I read Sylvia Plath poems all day long and search for houses in a down market!"

"Shadowmoor is some impressively cool shit. Call me in the fall when I will feel like drafting it. Also, new homes sales* fell again last month, by 16% if you look at year over year data. As much as I understand your desire to live in your own place, you are gonna kneecap yourselves if you don't wait for some miniscule sign of a recovery."

----

Fugie has some impressive technology for Nationals. I am going to start playtesting it soon. Man if I can only get one match win, I can totally sandbag some poor innocent soul's rating.

----

If you haven't responded to coyoe's thread on Wednesday, I highly recommend you do so. My numbers are the lowest, and it's not even close. I am the only one who has responded so far who admits to less than 50% match win percentage. As a matter of fact, my Constructed match win percentage is hovering around 1 in 3. That's technology. Strangely, my Vintage match win percentage is also 1 in 3, proving that you can't prop a shitty magic player up with proxies. I actually kind of want to play Goblins at Vintage Worlds, but the 3 pieces of power are pretty necessary, even if it's only three. The ability to occasionally mise a turn 1 Warchief is like, necessary.

----

Gaudenis "I lost to CBG in the first round of a limited ptq" Vidugiris got second at the recent GP:Indianapolis. Congrats! Sorry about sandbagging your rating last year.

----

I am thinking about playing some of the more situational haste cards in my Rakdos EDH. It seems like fun to play Accelerate in this format. Hitting someone with Rakdos is teh awesome. I love it when everyone lives in fear. Especially those fucking blue players.

*Actually, this might be existing home sales. I can't remember.

4 comments:

TooSarcastic said...

The only reason haven't yet posted my win % is that... sigh, I never signed up for the rewards thing where you can actually see all your matches. Or to be more accurate I did, but now I can't access it. I tried to sign up, but then I had switched email accounts because I lost access to my grad school one, and had no way to get back in to get my password that they sent via email. Now when I try to sign up again they say my DCI # already has an account. No shit, I just can't get into it! Any ideas on how I finally resolve this quandry?
T

Matt said...

Maybe you should send someone an email. You need to talk to a person.

coyoeuglly said...

see this is why you should rely on email accounts you know are going to be taken away at some point.

The Captain said...

I have never activated any sort of account, nor do I have the necessary code to do so. It follows that I also lack access to the match history section.