Thursday, June 26, 2008

Looking back, looking forward

Well what a rousing success Shadowmoor was, or was it? Big sets in the spring are kind of a waste. I seem to find myself in a similar situation as CBG. Late April thru mid July is the busiest time of year for me at work & with all of the festivals in the early part of summer something has to give. The last few years it has been drafting. I don't remember the last time I went down to GU to draft or to CBGs for that matter either. I like to think that Shadowmoor was pretty decent for limited, but have missed several weeks of league play and have only drafted it once since the pre-release (little tear). I was initially using the excuse that I had D&D on Fridays, but we've been on hiatus for the last several weeks (that's what you get when half of your play group are Renaissance fair people). But mostly it is just laziness & a general disinterest to be inside playing Magic. I hope that I feel differently after the Eventide Pre-release, but I am not so certain this will be true, but I think I need to still hold out hope.

As far as looking forward, I am definitely looking forward to my first vacation since the infamous death of the fandango last October (sorry fugie, but I haven't had off a Saturday & Sunday since that weekend). I am also looking forward to heading to Memphis in December. I have become even more disillusioned with work over the past few months and will take the time off regardless of the results (I still don't have anyone trained to fill in for me, but alas NOT MY PROBLEM).

Well until next time, may the mana gods not hate you.

No comments: