Monday, September 10, 2007

Well, now you all know my MODO handle

From today's Building on a Budget

Game 2: bat_matt (Black-Green Living End)

He begins the game with Leyline of the Void in play. I get down Shadowmage Infiltrator and start building mana, while he plays Mirri (the black one) on defense, and suspends Living End. As the first Living End gets down to one counter, he suspends a second one. I put Loxodon Warhammer and Llanowar Reborn on the board. The Living End goes off, killing his Mirri and my Infiltrator, and he follows it with Deepcavern Imp. I play Vorosh and make him a 7/7 with my land. He holds back, and lets his Living End get down to one counter. I put the Loxodon Warhammer on Vorosh, and attack. When he doesn't block, I use Psychotic Fury to make Vorosh lethal.

Record: 1-1


In case that game summary does not make it clear, I was never in this. At all. Even if I am able to Living End the Dragon, he was at more than comfortable life at the time, with a card or two in hand. I had no early beats and things were rapidly degenerating. Mirri out of the graveyard was not about to save me. On the other hand, I should have chumped with Deepcavern Imp because it would have given me an extra guy off Living End. But as we all know by now, CBG is a bad player. Also, I was distracted because my keyboard was malfunctioning. How annoying. So much for ingratiating myself with a mothership columnist.

Oh, the deck sucks. I will not be playing it anymore. There's no way it is going to be good.

3 comments:

Scoop_Phase said...

grats on having a brush with fame!

Defender in Exile said...

Here's the key. You've hit on a good idea but went about it the wrong way. Don't look at it as a waste. You've got my brain turning.

-Fugie

Matt said...

Thanks scoops.

The original deck was clogged with 4s. That was bad. maybe there is a good deck there. 2 be continued in Fugie's thread...