Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jedi Mind Trick

Ordinarily, I wouldn't publish this, but since a Cubs fan was the unfortunate mindtrickee, here we go. Game 2 of 8 man draft. I owned game one, because as bad as I am, he was terrible(r). Unfortunately, he drops Godhead of Awe. Fuck, what will I do? I have 1/1s, he has Godhead of Awe. And Talonrend. Oooh! I have a pumpable retrace spell. But I am on 8. 2 swings of the Godhead (pr0n!) and I am dead. I have no trample. And retrace pump is sorcery pump. Fuck. Wait, what if he forgets he can't activate the Talonrend? Well, if that happens, he's fucked. Cause then I have 9 unblockable coming through. And he's on...wait for it...9. Attacks? Sure. Block with Talonrend. Effects? Pump Talonrend. Sure, bin him. (he tries to back up). Awkward, no. I did that on purpose. Fucking Cubs fan. Now all I have to do is draw a land. And I do. +8/+8 just gets there sometimes.

PS. Scoops really loves retrace. He hasn't told me this, I just know, given his ability to draw 12 lands in a 16 land deck.

2 comments:

Scoop_Phase said...

CBG, you can read me like a book. Ask Major_Luck how I was loving retracing my Wave of Aggression over and over at 'ol Farte Magic. Retrace and I will be friends forever.

major_luck said...

Yes, if I hadn't had an answer to your tapper at the end of your turn (thank you turn to mist), you would have been really close to blowing me out.