Thursday, July 3, 2008

EDH Holiday

Only have a few minutes for a short post.

This week's been especially bad. I didn't manage to make it down for Old Farte like I had wanted to but won't be able to go next week either (my grandmother passed away yesterday, so I'll be up in the Twin Cities for the funeral on Monday). The rest of my plans for this weekend kind of got kebashed as well. My folks had planned on coming up this weekend, but now I'll be heading up their way instead.

Well enough about me. I do agree that our group has gotten away from our roots in casual limited play and moved whole heartedly into EDH or bust. I admit that I am just as guilty of favoring EDH over draft. I also am more excited to see us moving back to more limited play. With that said, I am proposing that we go on an EDH holiday for the month of August. Please discuss this further @ CBGs on Sunday or in the comments, but I think that we need to take a break and give up the format for the month of August.

Until next time, may the mana gods not hate you.

3 comments:

Scoop_Phase said...

Summer time is just so busy there is hardly any time for Magic. I won't be able to make Ye Olde Farte night or the Draft party at CBG's next week because I'm out of town on vacation. Hopefully when I come back I'll have more time on Tuesdays.

Sorry to hear about your grandma Major_Luck. Have a safe trip.

Defender in Exile said...

I can quit playing anytime I want! See! I'll give it up for a month!

Have another drink everyone, I won't judge.

major_luck said...

Thanks SP. After some further discussion with TooSarcastic last evening, I think I need to clarify what I meant by a holiday. What I mean is that whenever we gather and there are atleast four, we should make every reasonable effort to draft. Now wheter that is the current set, an older draft format, or the CUBE, isn't really that important. We just need to make an effort to play more limited. It is more that when we get together we play a lot more 4 man EDH games then we do 4 man drafts.