Sunday, January 20, 2008

Morningtide Prerelease

After going 0-6 in cube drafting, Too Sarcastic does okay at the prerelease. I went with Major Luck and Scoop Phase. In our sealed pod we were all still in prize range by the last round, but we needed a win. Unfortunately Scoop and Major got paired against one another in the last round, so only one would get the packs (it was Scoops). Luckily those two agreed to split the prize either way, so there were no hard feelings. I lost the last round and finished 2-1-1, just of prize range. We all drafted trips Morningtide and I actually got to the finals with a controllish rogue/fairies deck, where I conceded to a fellow from MKE because we needed to get back on the road. So I ended up walking away with seven Morngingtide packs. We only need to rustle up one more Morngingtide pack (I'm looking at you Major Luck) to do a full 8 person LLM draft! Any takers? I'd like to do a draft sometime this coming week, because by next weekend, life is going to be crazy and I probably won't have time. Let me know if you are down and when you could do it!
T

11 comments:

The Captain said...

I would draft, i'm free wed, thurs, fri evenings. I get off work at 4 pm, so anytime after that.

Matt said...

I could probably do it/host. Friday instead of/in addition to Cube? Earlier in the week is kind of marginal from my viewpoint, since teh wife is getting back from Africa Monday evening and we'll probably need some down time in the evenings.

Defender in Exile said...

I'm in on Friday.

TooSarcastic said...

Friday is unlikely to work for me. I have company coming into town and don't feel right coercing him into drafting. Hence the "during the week" deal. Any takers for non-Friday days?

Defender in Exile said...

Can't do Wednesday, Thursday not looking good.Best to y'all is you get eight.

Scoop_Phase said...

Wednesday is good for me and so is Friday so let me know either way.

TooSarcastic said...

Depending on the snow, I might head down to Game universe tonight to see if any Old Farts want to draft. But failing that, I think I want to try for Thursday because of CBG (might) be available. But He is totally out for sure, maybe scoops, captain, me and someone else can do four man Wednesday. Thoughts?

major_luck said...

Corection, the Major crushes Scoops 2-0, Grr (okay not so much, I got the nuts draw in one game and Scoops got mana screwed in the other). If not this week, how about early next week?

Scoop_Phase said...

Note about Morningtide: Violet Pall + Dreamspoiler Witches = da nuts!

I kill your non-black guy, then the witch kills your x/1 creature because VP is a faerie spell, and I get a 1/1 flying rogue token. This happened to me in my pod. I was on the wrong side of that 2 for nothing, at instant speed, that basically wrecked my board. Ouch.

The Captain said...

I'm down for wednesday. Let me know. 262-339-2026.

TooSarcastic said...

We have at least a 4 man meeting at my place Thursday at as close to 5 pm as we can get. LorLorMor baby! Call for directions if you need them.
T