Monday, October 4, 2010

Announcing the Pirate Draft League!

My enjoyment of Magic has combined with my selective OCD to make me want to keep track of the 8 mans at my apartment. Who benefits from this? I have no idea. Nonetheless, I have started keeping track of all the juicy statistics from the Scars drafts and will be posting about them occasionally, in addition to using them for a really awesome purpose. I hope to host some Team Rochester later in the year and these rankings will be used to seed the teams in the hopes of a little competitive balance for "the most skill-intensive format ever", as J-Bro keeps referring to it. The damages so far...


NameRecordPoints/Event
Jacob B
TooSarcastic
Kurt K
Brendan H
Tim N
Jonathan B
Alexis R
Ryan S
CBG
Ash O
Greg O
6-0
2-0-1
2-1
3-2-1
2-1
3-3
1-4-1
1-2
1-5
1-2
0-2-1
8
7
7
5
5
4.5
3
3
2.5
2
2
I have pseudo-anonymized the data so it doesn't show up on Google, but if there is an a/k/a you'd like associated with your data or you'd prefer to not be included in the public data, please let me know. I'm also going to look into a venue for larger than 8 mans, though it's difficult to find a place for evening play.

Edited to clarify: Points are not match points from the event, but event points awarded by me. 8 points for 1st right on down to 1 point for eighth. Just in case you were confused.

Finally, I got a match win last night and actually drafted a deck (U/W fliers) instead of a pile of shit, so I'm happy, despite my 1-5 in Scars draft so far.

1 comment:

Jonathan Brostoff said...

Team rochester RULES!
-Jbro