Thursday, November 8, 2007

Overnight PE


I am in a 4X Sealed. 2-1 right now. Last game was

turn 1 Vivid land
turn 2 Fertile Ground
turn 3 Garruk, dude
turn 4 dude, dude
turn 5 dude, dude, removal
turn 6 overrun.

Never drew a 4th land. So wrong.

Regarding the build. Yes, I do know I left some good stuff on the side. I really wanted to go 5 color black. I'm just like that. I've been flooded three times so 19 sources is probably too many. What to cut though?

Nova Chaser is wrong. I am siding it out for Glen Elendra Sentinels or Adder-Staff Boggart (Don't hit me!). It would be so much better at 10/3.

Wispmare has had targets twice and makes a decent evasive finisher when I use the positive side of Final Revels. So stop complaining about it. I think it's worth maindecking and I think its worth splashing. Rings of Brighthearth + Garruk is disgusting. A 2nd Beast for 2 is insane. I don't even use the untap if rings is out. Deal with 8 3/3s. I dare you.

The two changelings bounced in and out a bit, as did the blue tempo cards. I can see siding in broken ambitions for big stuff. The first match was against a dude playing HUGE stuff so the Revels came out for blue temp and were very good. Of course he complained of mana flood as we both sat there with 12 lands on the table.

Also, you know I talk about how I never count how many creatures I have? Well, I probably should have this time (11!(though remember it doesn't count Garruk)). Oh well. Building well is for Fugies and I saw 5 amazing pieces of removal and got a little overexcited.

Edit-11 minutes into round 4. Well, I just ate it to a GW deck. Game 1, karma bit me on the ass. turn 3 Garruk. The rest is details. I had one turn to topdeck a Lash Out to blow him out. I didn't. Game over, man. Game 2, I stupidly left Final Revels in the deck even though it could kill almost nothing I had seen in game one. Ugh. 2-2. Come on, papa, let's get to 3 wins.

Update 2-1:20 am. 38 minutes into round 5. Pulled that one out! Final Revels is pretty darn good. Faced yet another green deck. Are we missing something? Seems sketchy but everyone seems to be running 'em. Game 1 was a seesaw battle where I put him on his back foot right away, hardcasting Mulldrifter turn 3 off a Smokebraider, Nova Chaser turn 4 championing MD. Attacking for 8 and getting the MD back on turn 5. Unfortunately, he stabilized at 5, and a huge misplay by me (fricking Mudbutton) cost me the game. Game 2, Garruk came out and does what he does. Game 3, he got screwed for 3 turns and that was all it took. By the time he got his 4th land, I was able to +2 Revels ftw. 3-2! Come on T16!

Update 3-2:39 am. Took the entire round for me to die with my opponent having 58 seconds left on his clock. I don't wanna talk about it. Boo.

2 comments:

TooSarcastic said...

Dude, are just going to sleep at work and start work again today?

Matt said...

Umm, I would never play MODO or post on the blog while at work.

--CBG