Sunday, November 18, 2007

Don't Tell the Wife!

I 0-3ed last night's draft, but I did okay anyway. Thank God for poor college kids with large card collections and an appetite for beer.
3x Venser
4x Vesuvan Shapeshifter
Pact of Negation
2x Teferi's Moat
2x Bogardan Hellkite
2 x Desert
Knucklebone Witch
Oona's Prowler
Cryptic Command
Jace
2 x Scion of Oona
2 x Birds of Paradise
Total Cost= $72

I also rare drafted an Auntie's Hovel, another Oona's Prowler, a foily Primal Command, and a Wydwen. I now have playsets of most of these cards. Looking forward to actually having options when building for Standard! But trying to explain why spending this much money was such a good deal to a wife who actively dislikes playing Magic would be a difficult task. So let's just keep this between you, me, and the other dozens of people who read this site, mmkay?
T

3 comments:

Defender in Exile said...

I'm proud of you. You already have to keep secrets!

Captain Essex said...

I'll have you know that money is not for beverages of an alcoholic nature. Guitar Hero is a harsh, demanding mistress.

Scoop_Phase said...

Tell your wife the alternative is World of Warcraft. Less money, way more time.