Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Mirrodin Besieged Game Day

I can't believe I am saying this, but I want to build a constructed deck. More specifically, I want to build two of them. I want to have decks for me and Eve for Mirrodin Besieged Game Day. I need something simple for Eve, probably all-in infect or something aggro (Boros?). Myself, I'd like to build a Mirran white deck that includes my 3 Hero of Bladehold. You all are my friends, Romans and countrymen and I need help. I am terrible at building Constructed decks (admittedly, I'm not very good at building Limited Decks either, but ignore that for the moment).


What Does an "Affiliated Deck" Mean?

All non-Planeswalker cards in Scars of Mirrodin are watermarked with either a Mirran or Phyrexian symbol to represent the card’s affiliation. You can build your Game Day deck to be affiliated with one of the two sides; this makes you eligible to win the Mirrodin Besieged preview cards. (Having an affiliated deck is not required for Game Day; you can play any Standard-legal deck you choose.)

An affiliated deck must have at least ten watermarked cards from its affiliated faction in its main deck, and no watermarked cards from the opposing faction in its main deck or sideboard. The deck must still be Standard-legal.


So we've already got the 3 Hero of Bladehold. What else? Awesome equipment? Cheap artifacts and Glint Hawks and Idols? A different color for some control? I don't want to spend a ton of money on this but I could drop a little. Lemme know if you have any ideas. I'll post something you can tear apart a little later. Also, I don't know Zendikar, Eldrazi or M11 block cards really at all. So help me there. Here's a link to Mirran-aligned cards. Go!

No comments: