Sunday, November 21, 2010

Scars of Mirrodin Sealed Lesson

GP Nashville is still going strong on day two, but the sealed decks have done their work. The coverage team took a look at the undefeated Sealed decks for Day 1, plus a few 9-1 decks that the coverage team liked. Of the 7 decks shown, what percentage do you think played Mountains? 100%. How about the percentage that played Islands. Big old goose egg. Limited deck lists are notoriously tricky to learn from since, compared to Constructed, players have less control over their final card pool. However, as a blunt instrument I think we use this data as evidence for some conclusions that you may have already guessed: Red is the strongest color in Scars Limited and Blue is the weakest. Oh, yeah. And if you want to go undefeated in a 10 round sealed event, you might want to open a pool with some strong red.
T

1 comment:

Matt said...

For once in my life, I can honestly, "I knew that! I totally knew that!"